I don't have any first-hand knowledge of loading film into a K1000, but I
don't think a "side-grade" to a ZX-M will get you very much. Sure, film
as well as full manual, automatic frame advance and a DOF preview, but these
are conveniences, IMHO, that aren't as significant as autofocus and center
weighted metering, which the 5n will give you (as well as the other features
I listed). Plus, a basic new M kit will cost only $50 less than the 5n that
another list member is selling, and that came with the highly recommended
battery grip and shutter release.