Interesting. I wasn't aware of any lack of sharpness in Provia 100F, but I've only recently tried it to any great extent. I've been an Ektachrome user for many years, but in my reply I was trying to be even handed and mentioned both Ektachme and Fuji variants. Which transparency film provides the most apparent sharpness?

I wouldn't use any 100ISO film (for lens testing). Particuarly not Provia 100F; a film that trade sharpness for fine grain.
My limited experience with Provia 100F is similar to Pal too. Very very fine grain, but not as sharp as other slides like Velvia 50 or Sensia 100 when viewed under a loupe or scanned them at 2820dpi. Perhaps the difference is contrast?

regards,
Alan Chan