On Monday, November 11, 2002, at 08:19  PM, Alan Chan wrote:

I can tolerate the "whirring" feel on the F* 300/4.5, but I really
don't like it on most of the other "clutchless" autofocus lenses
I've tried.
Since you brought up this issue, my Limited lenses have been becoming noiser, so to my F*300/4.5. This is entirely you fault. ;-)

regards,
Alan Chan

I've been thinking about my 77/1.8 and it feels less whirry to me than it used to when it was new. Still has that "ball bearings in a race" feel to it, buy not as whirry.

Is it possible for these things to get better as they age?

Dan Scott