From: "Artur Ledóchowski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 12:38 AM
Subject: Re: AP (16/11) - Pentax UK Confirms digital SLR launch plan

> Dan Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Who decides these things, btw? Is this something the
> >manufacturer sets up or what?
>
> These things are decided by the market or to be more precise - by two
factors: first - something known as the public opinion, second - by the mass
media (mostly the photo magazines). The market is all about the competition
and it's obvious that the customer compare the cameras, that are of similar
specifications. The magazines do the same. One can complain about how more
or less objective various tests are but cannot deny the fact that they shape
the customers' opinions. So no producer can ignore these factors unless
wants to be out of the competition (which actually happened to Pentax to
some degree:)).
> Mind that I wrote the MZ-5n/3 is CONSIDERED to be a rival:))
> But don't you think the advanced amateurs need some fresh air from
Pentax?:) MZ-S is not the least expensive beast and I know there is a need
for a camera that would be as simple yet advanced and affordable - just as
the MZ-5n/3 was for recent years.