I'm hoping to acquire an MX in the near future, so the review was interesting
and timely to me. I used to have a KX for a while and didn't like it; my
favourite shooters just now are my LX and ZX-5n.
While I wait, does anyone want to share his or her thoughts on LX vs.
MX?
Despite the fact that both were marketed as professional system cameras, they are nothing alike other than interchangable screens.

Compared to the LX, the MX:
- has much quieter shutter/mirror
- is smaller (great for small lenses, could be front heavy for certain lenses)
- has higher viewfinder magnification (the highest, same as ME Super)
- doesn't have interchangable finder
- is fully mechanical, obviousely
- has shorter mirror
- is more reliable (imho)
- is easier to service
- has at least 2 versions afaik (slightly different top, memo holder, metering ICs, and some other minor differences inside)
- ???

regards,
Alan Chan