It is likely that anyone using a Foveon full frame sensor announced at
PMA would have a long lead time, so it doesn't preclude Pentax on this
basis.  However, unless the affordable DSLR uses the a foveon chip too
then I find it unlikely that Pentax would simultaneously be developing
with 2 different sensor manufacturers at the moment.

Mz5n/3 level DSLR and successor in the film market is about what is
expected - its where everyone else is pitched.

However, I had hoped that at least 1 of the wideangles would be high
grade consumer level at least - if they are all budget jobbies this
would be a dissapointment and many people would start buying Sigma
15-30s and 14mms!