Artur wrote:

> The above makes me think if there is a possibility of creating
> "interchangeable" sensors in any near future. It would somehow substitute
> the interchangeability of films, don't you think? Of course this will make
> sense if the various sensors differ from each other in terms of
> characteristics (say: contrast range, color saturation etc)
> Unless of course somebody invents a perfect sensor...

This is highly unlikely as there are more to digital cameras than the sensor. There
are both hardware and software issues connected to the sensor. However, with a
projected lifespan of six months of Pentax digital cameras it is certain that the
production lines/camera platforms are flexible so that sensors and associated parts
are basically interchangeable at the production state.

Pål