On 3/5/2011 4:11 AM, bert hubert wrote:
On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 07:38:36PM -0500, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
We have a record set up with the BIND backend as follows:

testing                 IN      CNAME
gci-prod-lb-000000000.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com.

When you query it right after a service restart, you get:
Wow, that is weird. Can you setup an isolated reproduction? So a pdns.conf,
named.conf and a zonefile that reproduces the problem? And ship that to me?

I've setup a domain.com zone that is similar to what you report, and it
works fine here.

This of course does not mean that I don't believe you, but I also can't
solve your problem.
Yeah, I'll send that to you off list. Preparing it now. Thanks for looking into this.
should reduce its occurrence.  Are there any other ways to work
around this at the moment? And more importantly, do I have the issue
identified correctly?  I don't want to just be waiting for 3.0
hoping that will fix the problem when really it's something silly
I've missed.
Once you have a reproduction case, we can tell.

        Bert