On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 17:22, Chris Martin wrote:
> Robby Russell wrote:

> >>Robby,
> >>
> >>Thanks for the links. The Dag repository looks really complete. The only
> >>thing I don't like about RC2 (as opposed to Debian or Gentoo) is that I
> >>had a hard time finding some packages for it.
> >>
> >>I finally found everything I needed though. The Dag repository looks
> >>like it has a ton of stuff..
> >>
> >>-Cory
> >

> > If you install DAGs apt.#.#.rpm it will setup some of the repositories
> > for you in:
> >
> > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
> >
> > There is also ATrpms
> > http://atrpms.net/
> >
> > Dries
> > http://dries.studentenweb.org/apt/index.html
> >
> > Flash plugin (will setup your browsers with flash) :-)
> > http://sluglug.ucsc.edu/macromedia/
> >
> > ..those are some helpful ones that I also recommend.
> > Best bet, is to join the freshrpms mailing list.. you find out what is
> > working, what is broken and what was just released.
> >
> > http://freshrpms.net/lists/
> >
> > hth,
> >
> > -Robby
> >

> FYI, I've heard you don't want to mix/match DAGs with rpms from say...
> fedora.us or freshrpm. It's better to pick one and stick with it for new
> packages/updates.

I think this issue is slowly going away. I am using many repos at once
and am constantly keeping things updated and looking for new programs to
play with. They seem to play nice together nowadays. The only issues
that I have had with the repositories with NyQuist, because there was an
issue with using him AND the kde repos. After a few months of emailing
the list, I noticed that the guy who does the NyQuist repos doesn't
really hang out on the FreshRPMs list, so I asked the KDE folks what the
issue was, emailed him in regards to it..and within 2 days, the issue
went away. :-)

-Robby

--
Robby Russell | Owner.Developer.Geek