On Sat, 2004-12-18 at 11:23 -0800, Jackman wrote:
> I don't have a legitimate answer to your question, but I am curious,
> what kind of setup are you using?  Are you using K12LTSP or a howto?
> I always thought a terminalized system would be really cool, but I
> have never gotten it to work.
>
> Jackman.

Just about any linux distro would work for the basic usage.

Basically what I am doing is using XDMCP through gdm (look in the
gdm.conf for the XDMCP settings).

Just turn that on, restart X and make sure the client computers can
connect to the port XDMCP runs on and should be as simple as using
Xnest.

I have a few linux clients here and a windows computer running cygwin
with Xnest.

Then there are the bootable cds (like PXES) that will boot up and should
detect a running xdmcp server.

I haven't played with K12LTSP yet, but might do that in the near future,
but for now my current setup works well enough.

-Robby

* Robby Russell | Owner.Developer.Geek
* PLANET ARGON  | www.planetargon.com
* Portland, OR  | [EMAIL PROTECTED]