Jeffrey,

I don't think this is the passage you have in mind, but it seems to be
related: CP 4.219 (c. 1897):
[[ Briefly to explain myself, then, geometry or rather mathematical
geometry, which deals with pure hypotheses, and unlike physical geometry,
does not investigate the properties of objectively valid space -
mathematical geometry, I say, consists of three branches; Topics (commonly
called Topology), Graphics (or pure projective geometry), and Metrics. But
metrics ought not to be regarded as pure geometry. It is the doctrine of the
properties of such bodies as have a certain hypothetical property called
absolute rigidity, and all such bodies are found to slide upon a certain
individual surface called the Absolute. This Absolute, because it possesses
individual existence, may properly be called a thing. ]]

Perhaps this Absolute is what the sheet of assertion (in Peirce's
Existential Graphs) is an "undeveloped photograph" of. But in MS 7, Peirce
may also be alluding to the Hegelian Absolute; and I'm not sure how that is
related to the mathematical conception.

Also relevant is EP 2:1 (Immortality in the Light of Synechism):
[[ I carry the doctrine so far as to maintain that continuity governs the
whole domain of experience in every element of it. Accordingly, every
proposition, except so far as it relates to an unattainable limit of
experience (which I call the Absolute,) is to be taken with an indefinite
qualification; for a proposition which has no relation whatever to
experience is devoid of all meaning. ]]

gary f.