Hi Sung,

> On Jun 20, 2014, at 6:34 PM, "Sungchul Ji" <s...@rci.rutgers.edu> wrote:
>
> Matt wrote:
>
> "Just like 'standing still' is a special case of          (062014-1)
> motion, matter is a special case of mind."
>

> Do you mean by (062014-1) that "Matter is a necessary condition for mind" ?

I didn't mean that. That the special case is a necessary condition for the
usual case? Maybe it's true, but I'm not signing my name to that.

> Would you agree that
>
> "Just as 'standing still' is assocaited with a zero        (062014-2)
> velcoity and motion with non-zero velocities, so matter
> is associated with a zero capacity for thinking while
> mind has non-zero capacity of thinking ?"

I thought of this. I do agree.
   I used to be a relativist. Back then I would've agreed and further stated
that thinking and not thinking are each special states relative to each
other—each seeing itself as mind and the other as matter; or if keeping short
of the absolutes*, each one thinking he has the superior capacity of mind. But
now I tend to think that matter is dormant mind, not completely dead, and that
capacity is not relative.**

* The pre-quantum physicists must have thought that the special case of
absolute zero velocity was nowhere to be found in the physical universe. But
now there's a Planck-Wheeler time and space so I guess there's a minimum speed.
But that's out of my scope. Is there a similar minimum capacity for thought? I
don't think I'd even understand the answer.

** Relativism still nags me. I haven't yet jumped with both feet into 'extreme
scholastic realism'.

Matt