19.

Triadic Philosophy is about more than thinking in threes. It is also about
adopting a daily discipline. If you are not inclined to devote a half hour
a day to walking or some modest physical movement and if you are not
willing to give a daily regimen a try, then the chances of benefit
diminish. You benefit of course from the ideas you are reading and the
thoughts they stimulate, but each day loses out in adventures not
undertaken and conclusions never considered or arrived at. So be prepared
to imbibe a notion or two about lifestyle. There is a consolation. It is
not hard to learn and it is free.

20.

Let me share what I do and suggest what is "required" and what is optional.
I divide my half hour walk (on a treadmill or outside depending) into six
segments averaging five minutes each. My text is my version of the Lord's
Prayer:

Abba whose home in heaven is
Hallowed and holy is your name
Let your realm come your will be done
Till earth and heaven are the same

Give us this day our daily bread
Forgive the wrongs that we have done
As we forgive those who do wrong
Lead us not into temptation

Deliver us from evil Lord
And guide us safely to your shore
Yours is the power to heal and mend
Yours is the glory evermore

I may sing to myself very slowly or speak to myself. I alternate these
segments with three other segments which I will explain. I recommend that
every practitioner have a text such as this. It may be a prayer or a sacred
text or it may be something entirely different. It only needs to have
meaning. With this caveat: Within the words I have written above there is
an utterly necessary act which is at the very center of Triadic Philosophy.
It is the act of forgiving all. And the act of seeking forgiveness for all
the wrongs that you have done.
Triadic Philosophy acknowledges the fallibility and the downright evil in
the world and the need to confront it. And it is impossible to advance as a
human being without being able to forgive and without seeking forgiveness.

The other three segments of my daily half hour are generally given over to
what Peirce called musement. They are meditative periods where the focus is
on whatever I choose. Most often it is whatever I am most concerned about.
And I can tell you that there is no greater proof of the value of this than
the momentous decisions that can emerge. These daily half hours are an
action engine.

*@stephencrose <https://twitter.com/stephencrose>*