From: Phyllis Chiasson [ath...@olympus.net]
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2014 9:36 PM
To: Peirce List
Subject: [PEIRCE-L] Semiotics and communication of pain

Listers,
A subject has recently entered my personal awareness (experientially,
unfortunately) and I'm wondering if there is anyone working on the difficult
problem of effective communication and effective reception of the communication
of pain. I have the book, The Body in Pain, which tackles the problem, but my
personal experience has been that neither that book, nor the simple 1-10 pain
scale used at hospitals is accurate. I think it is a problem of qualitative
induction for which analogy may be useful. Is anyone working on this? If so,
I'd like to share  thoughts on this subject.

Regards,
Phyllis Chiasson