Koihiro, lists,

With this one I would get more out of my depth than usual. It gets into the question known as that of Bertlmann's socks, about which I read many years ago and was left shaking my head. Anyway, from what little I understand, the experimentally shown violation of Bell's inequalities conflicts with (classical physical) local _/realism/_, not with locality by itself without the 'realist' assumption that particles have determinate quantitative values in all measurable respects prior to a given act of measurement. I tend to chalk such phenomena up as a potential validation of Peirce's realism about modalities (such as possibility) and absolute chance, although I don't understand the physics well enough to make a serious argument. A related question is, is Peirce's idea of absolute chance consistent with the idea of the deterministic continuous time evolution of the wave function (from which probabilities are calculated)? I don't know.

Best, Ben