Mary,

The subject line got truncated in your post so I made up a new and shorter
one to continue the thread.

I can only speak for myself - I read your post carefully more than once,
but left it to others to reply to it (which Gary R had already done,
actually) because I had no answers to the questions you raised in it. I
couldn't make a connection between your suggestion of “would-be
hypothetical situations, such as the mobius strip” and Peirce's idea of
using the verso of the sheet of assertion as the area inside a cut. In fact
I still don't see a connection. A mobius strip, being a bounded surface
with only one side, doesn't have a verso, and I don't see how it relates to
Peirce's “discovery” that the verso of the sheet represents “a kind of
possibility” and not just the negation of the graph within the cut. I also
couldn't get a handle on your question “Would boundedness exist in a
mobius strip?” or its relevance to the issue we’ve been discussing
yesterday and today.

Maybe it’s just my obtuseness, but you’ll need to explain what you were
driving at before I can see its relevance to Jeff’s post that I did reply
to. (I assume you want to be given credit for more than just mentioning the
“verso” in your post, but I don’t yet see what else in it anticipates
Jeff’s post).

gary f.