Gary:

On Jul 15, 2015, at 2:21 PM, Gary Richmond wrote:

> Why must the sides of the ledger balance?
>
> I've been mulling this over since I read it and haven't yet been able to come
> to an adequate answer to your question. At the moment I'm thinking it might
> have something to do with Peirce's idea that every individual is a kind of
> society, while every society is also a kind of individual.

"Balancing the ledger" is one of the fundamental principles of chemistry which
requires that the abductive logic of molecule compound formation from elements
is NECESSARY to balance ALL chemical reactions.

This is just another example of the role of chemical logic played in
influencing his philosophical perspectives.

Cheers

jerry