Sung ~

Your comments about "habits" suggest this passage from Peirce in his discussion
of physics:  "Pairs of states will also begin to take habits, and thus each
state having different habits with reference to the different other states,
will give rise to bundles of habits, which will be substances."  By substance
he meant a physical body found in nature.
http://www.iupui.edu/~arisbe/menu/library/bycsp/guess/guess.htm

Is your "habit" sign used in a similar fashion?

As a relative newcomer to Peirce, I only found this publication today.  But I
see the discussion of habit is part of a larger discussion where Peirce
dissects essential forces and mechanisms pertaining to every discipline of
intellectual inquiry.  Then, I presume he intended to bring it all together in
a "compact" package.   Is that your project, too?

Regards,
Tom Wyrick