My hero, Charles Peirce, rightly says that logic exists in the service of
ethics, and ethics in the service of aesthetics. Following this triadic
characterization of the foundations of knowledge, both language and music,
in order to be good and beautiful, must be underpinned by well-formedness,
alias logic.

To which I would append this from CP2

Peirce: CP 2.34 Cross-Ref:††

34. These tendencies are irrepressible: in the long run they will cause that

which they need to come into being. But much more than that, they are

thoroughly reasonable; and that which they call for ought to be. Now that
which they demand above all is the fact and the admission that the world is
reasonable-- reasonably susceptible to becoming reasonable, for that is
what it is, and all that it is, to be reasonable †2--or in other words,
that man is made after his maker's image.

Books http://buff.ly/15GfdqU Art: http://buff.ly/1wXAxbl
Gifts: http://buff.ly/1wXADj3