Jerry,

No time now.  You might try sampling some of these:

https://www.google.com/search?as_q=Aesthetics%2C+Ethics%2C+Logic&as_epq=Jon+Awbrey

Cheers,

Jon

On 5/2/2016 1:33 PM, Jerry Rhee wrote:
Jon A,

I looked over what you wrote above.  There is simply zero mention of
esthetics, ethics and their connection to logic. That is, I don't think you
understand what is meant by *essence*.

If Peirce’s pragmatism is different from others in that these are
necessary, then why is it that your summary looks away from it?  Perhaps
there is something worth looking into a bit deeper…even for old-timers like
yourself.  Is that not what we call fallibilism and is Peirce not a
fallibilist?

“Those who fail to appreciate the importance of fallibilism reason: we see
these laws of mechanics; we see how extremely closely they have been
verified in some cases. We suppose that what we haven’t examined is like
what we have examined, and that these laws are absolute, and the whole
universe is a boundless machine working by the blind laws of mechanics. *This
is a philosophy which leaves no room for a God!* No, indeed! It leaves even
human consciousness, which cannot well be denied to exist, as a perfectly
idle and functionless *flâneur* in the world, with no possible influence
upon anything – not even upon itself. Now will you tell me that this
fallibilism amounts to nothing?”

http://www.commens.org/dictionary/term/fallibilism

Best,

Jerry R