Hi Jon A, John S, List,

Thanks for the reference, Jon. I've found a number of texts to be helpful,
including Allen Hatcher's Algebraic Topology, which is online and free. It was
recommended by a professor named Wildberger who has a course on Youtube on the
subject.

Having said that, there is precious little in Hatcher's text on the generation
of topological spaces. In particular, there is little that explains how the
greatest continuum of possible generators of dimensions such a space might be
related--so that the dimensions would be vague. Do you know of works on
topology where such a conception has been explored--because I've not found much
that is helpful in sorting out the conception that Peirce seems to be holding
up as a kind of limiting case of vagueness and continuity with respect to how
the dimensions might be understood in their generation and relations.

What is more, I don't see much of anything in the literature on the EG that
uses the conception of a book of sheets to explore Peirce's suggestion. I think
a model can be constructed that would illustrate the limiting case of a
continuum of vague dimensions (i.e., sheets) and also help us to see how more
definite dimension might be understood to evolve from it--as well as what is
involved in such a model of the growth of more determinate dimensions from a
vague continuum of sheets. For example, one of the ideas that might be explored
is how sheets of interrogation might be pictured to evolve first--with
relatively vague questions being scribed on such sheets in relations of
different colors representing possibilities, and then later sheets of assertion
and destination giving rise to hypotheses, etc.

If you know of such sources, please share them. Or, if you have ideas about how
to construct such models in topology or in the EG, I would be interested to
hear the suggestions.

--Jeff

Jeffrey Downard
Associate Professor