Edwina, list,

You've clearly given this a lot of prior thought, Edwina. I want to reflect
on wht you wrote and see what others think before commenting further. Btw,
would looking again at your book, *Architectonics of Semiosis*, for
example, Chapter 2, "Purity and Power," be of any value in this discussion
(as I initially began reading it I recall that in an off-list message you
commented that in some ways you were now seeing things quite differently
than you did in 1998)?

Best,

Gary R

[image: Gary Richmond]