  From: sb
  To: Gary Richmond ; Peirce-L
  Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2016 8:34 PM
  Subject: Re: [PEIRCE-L] Peirce and Democracy

  Edwina,

  where can we find these descriptive data? Did you use archival data? Did you
do any fieldwork? Has it been published? What sources do you draw on? How did
you conduct your qualitative research? What hypotheses guided your qualitative
research? Have documented how you get to your conclusions? Could you provide us
your analytical framework? What are the exact cases you did study? What are the
dimensions of comparison between the cases? Where are they similar? Where are
they different? What is your ecological analysis based on? Where did you get
the ecological data? How did you link it with the cases you have studied? Have
your heard of Qualitative Comparative Analysis?

  In short: Could you please provide us information on what data you did use,
where to find these data, how you analyzed the data and where to find the
documentation of your analysis to back up any of your claims?

  "Looking" at "the West", "late industrialism" and "climate", is a bit
abstract, isn't it? I would really appreciate if you could elaborate a bit more
on data and how you arrived at your conclusions, than on the conclusions
themselfes.

  Best,
  Stefan

  Am 20. November 2016 01:35:38 MEZ, schrieb Edwina Taborsky