Stefan - I am not making 'big claims on the agora'.

I posted my concerns on a specific and limited list, the Peirce List, about a
proposed discussion topic on democracy as outlined by Dewey and Peirce. My
concerns about Dewey were that his outline of a political system separated it
completely from an economic system - and separated that economic system from
its ecological environment. As such, I felt that his theories about a political
system failed to see that it is not and can never be simply an intellectual
enterprise but is grounded in hard factual reality [economics/environment]. As
for Peirce, he said almost nothing about political or economic systems - BUT
his focus on the nature of Mind within a biological system and on the
interrelationship of the individual and the collective could be analyzed within
an economic and political system.

My claims, furthermore are hardly 'big claims' but are basic commonsense, and
backed up by supportive empirical factual data on ecology, population growth,
technological development, societal changes,  various tribal societies and
historical development.

You, very obviously, have some kind of deep personal and intellectual interest
in this area, and probably have very different conclusions - so my views are
upsetting to your conclusions. Yet - you haven't offered, 'on the agora', any
counter argument; you have merely attacked me without providing your own
evidence in rebuttal.

Edwina