Edwina, Helmut, List,
I think that a very good aspect of Peirce's proposal is that there is no 'THE TRUTH' anymore. Signs can only construct other signs (images, texts, speeches,etc.), perhaps, sometimes, "a more developed sign" (CP 2.228). But never a definitive 'final explanation'... and this is very good for us: humans!!! So, there is no sense for 'religious' fights, because everything is only a little aspect a bigger whole, which can be considered the 'Dynamic Object'. We don't need to "achieve a true representation of a fact", because it IS "changing all the time". It is enough if we can figure out a good explanation for our time, hoping that we will enlarge the concept tomorrow. Art, Architecture, Design in general is only possible because of that fact: we can only construct an Immediate Object, one after an other... endlessly... and that is exactly the chance to exist, and to be artists, architects, designers, composers, poets, etc., etc... if the inquiry don't need anymore to be endless... then, we will be also definitively out of work.

To Edwina: "We would have no capacity to change both that dynamic object or our interactions with it." (quote)
You will probably agree that we can only change the Immediate Object
we can never grasp anything of the Dynamic Object without transforming it at the same time in an Immediate Object the Dynamic Object is like "the carrot in front of the donkey" (I don't know if this is also an English expression), we will never reach it... happily...

All the best
Claudio