Dear list:

I appreciate Gary and list-moderators' earnest willfulness to maintain
Ransdell’s original intention. It can be viewed as a thankless but
beautiful responsibility.

With respect to kirsti’s comment:

"This time, John, I have to say: Wrong, wrong, wrong, You just don't know
what you are talking about. - just walking on very thin ice and expecting
your fame on other fields with get you through."

*These remarks were seen by one lister as "denigrating" and by another as
"untoward." I agreed and wrote Kirsti off-list.*

I agree that it is denigrating and untoward.  However, the despising, the
disgust, reveals something of our nature and for that, I am thankful.  For
if only taken as denigrating and untoward, then what purpose does it serve?

Best,
Jerry R