Jerry, list,

JC quoted me:

GR: I have no idea where this peculiar comment  (GF appearing "to avoid the
basic logic of CSP" and his interpretations appearing "to be remote from
other interpreters of CSP writings) might mean, nor where it is coming
from.

Then commented: JC: "Hmmmm…   “… no idea”???

I had continued in the snippet JC quoted above:

GR: Can you offer support for your comments Jerry? Just a few examples
would do for us to mull over what you might have in mind.

I still have no idea what your point is, Jerry. I think when you make such
really startling comments such as Gary Fuhrman is "avoiding the *basic
logic* of Peirce" and that his interpretations are "remote from other
interpreters" of Peirce that the onus is on *you* to: 1. provide examples
where GF's interpretations 'avoid P's logic' or 2. 'are remote from other
interpreters' take on the Lowell's we'tr considering, and then 3. show us
how these intepretations 'avoid P's logic' and, as well, 4  provide
examples of other interpretations of the same (or at least equivalent)
material that 'are remote' from GF's.

You have so far not even done 1. and 2. let alone 3. and 4. Until you do
that you appear to me to be disparaging Gary's thinking with no solid
support for your opinion. What you have written doesn't--at least
yet--directly relate to Gary's interpretations.

Btw, through my involvement with the SPIN project (and discussing some of
this with NYC based Peirceans), I know Peirce scholars who would tend to
disagree with your assessment of Gary's interpretations because I've
discussed some of them with them.

So, please, offer us some passages from Gary F's interpretations with which
you disagree  (which is what I meant by "examples" in my earlier post),
interpretations which either do *not* employ Peirce's logic, or, are *not
supported* by the community of Peirce scholarship. Then give us evidence of
Gary's illogic and remoteness from other interpreters (as you see it).
There can really be no valuable discussion of your claims until you do
that, nor can Gary F be expected to respond to your alleged claims of his
misinterpretation.

Best,

Gary R

[image: Gary Richmond]