These arguments are clear and obvious to all but certain political leaders
and their legal supporters. I am glad to see them understood as
pragmaticist. There is also an argument against violence per se which
relates in my view to a distinction between binary conflict and triadic
accommodation -- based on continuity and evolutionary love. It seems to me
that these matters deserve a wide hearing and should command the attention
of the global community of pragmaticists. Philosophy, in general, has been
deficient in dealing with the fundamental issues of survival.

amazon.com/author/stephenrose