Dear Edwina, list,

You said:

“My point is only that there is a lot of work being done now in the actual
world, examining complex information dynamics -

and Peirce's framework, to me, is perfect as an analytic tool for that
purpose.

*I just wish* we could expand the knowledge of this framework –

and *see *how very pragmatic and enlightening it could be.”

To which I would add, we seem to be getting along just fine without it.

And given the constant snipping back and forth that goes on in this list

(for instance, on even what a ‘subject’ is;

I mean, who doesn’t know the difference between subject and predicate?),

why would you recommend something to the community-at-large

a something that you can’t even justify to a list who claims to embrace
Peirce?

That is, when you haven’t been able to persuade a group who say

‘we honor that which you claim is not being used enough’ to take right
action,

why would an outside community ever think they could find any use for it,
whatsoever?

It all seems crazy from my point of view..

With best wishes,

Jerry R