Gary F, Auke, List,

Gary, thanks for this post.Taken in conjunction with the Ransdell passages
I just copied and posted, it contributes to offering a kind of road map of
how we Peirce forum members might proceed when posting and reacting to
other's posts on the list.

I hope that individual list members do not read into your generalized
descriptions of kinds of posters to the list personal descriptions. When I
reflected on your 'types' I saw, from my own perspective, several
individuals who, over the years, fell--at least partially--into your *types
of posters*.

However, I would suggest in this regard that, in a way, we are all offering
'idiosyncratic' views of what is significant in Peirce's work. That is to
say that we're all much more complex than merely falling under a type,
although there most certainly can be seen patterns of list conduct.

id·i·o·syn·crat·ic

*adjective*

   1. relating to idiosyncrasy; peculiar or individual.
   synonyms: distinctive, individual, characteristic, distinct,
   distinguishing, peculiar, individualistic, different, etc.

You wrote:  GF: . . . others evidently have a very different view of what
“pragmatic” means … but we are discouraged from discussing terminology
here, so I won’t do that.

On the contrary, nothing Peirce-related is discouraged from being discussed
here.

Best,

Gary R

*Gary Richmond*