Jeff D, John S, list,

Jeff, I think that you're correct that quantum mechanics is not at all so contrary to continuity as people sometimes think. As you say, QM has been reconciled with special relativity, leading to quantum field theory. It is the Lorentz invariance in SR that demands continuity of spacetime.  It's been claimed that limits on any violation of Lorentz invariance continue to be tightened, mainly through astrophysical observations of neutrinos that enter the atmosphere. As I've said before, Peirce's view that space and time are continuous continues to look good. The Lorentz symmetries are holding, and, from what I've read in the past, only the Lorentz symmetries and the Galilean symmetries allow for the Principle of Relativity, that the laws of nature "look the same" in all inertial frames of reference.  I don't have references handy, but I think those two sets of symmetries are the only games in town. Theoretical physics would get very complicated with Lorentz symmetries plus corrections for their observed violations,

Limits on neutrino Lorentz violation from multimessenger observations of TXS 0506+056 [a blazar]
Physics Letters B, Volume 789, 10 February 2019, Pages 352-355
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0370269318309821

Testing Lorentz Symmetry Using High Energy Astrophysics Observations
Symmetry 2017, 9(10), 201; https://doi.org/10.3390/sym9100201
https://www.mdpi.com/2073-8994/9/10/201/htm

Test of Lorentz invariance with atmospheric neutrinos
Phys. Rev. D 91, 052003 – Published 3 March 2015
https://journals.aps.org/prd/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevD.91.052003

7.3 Billlion Years Later, Einstein's Theory Prevails"
Oct. 28, 2009, New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/29/science/space/29light.html

Peirce's _reason_ for thinking space and time continuous was that he thought that the process of thought is continuous.  Insofar as that was at the basis of his argument for Synechism, John S is right, many of us would be reluctant to say that physicists ought — even without special relativity or recent observations of neutrinos — to expect continuity of spacetime on the basis of continuity of the process of thought as such.  More to the point, even very good physicists familiar with Peirce would (I think) tread carefully in that regard.

The discretism of quantum mechanics pertains first of all to amounts of energy and the like, not at all to positions in spacetime.  Moreover Peirce did not hold that everything whatsoever is continuous; he said more than once that matter is discrete and once that it "no doubt" consists of "Boscovitchian points."  QM's discretism about things like energy levels leads to surprises that nobody anticipated, e.g., the limited internal heat capacities of particles (note, massless particles have no internal mass/energy at all), hand in hand with their limited capacities to contain information, which in turn is related to the severe uniformity of particles of the same kind.

I've said enough, I myself am no physicist.

Best, Ben