Gary,

I browsed through some of Siegel's writings and
listened to one of his YouTube talks.  They reminded me of  the PBS
program about Bach, which I mentioned in a note on Friday.  J. S. Bach is
an excellent example of  a man with a brilliant mind that was integrated
with every aspect of the body, action, music, dancing, emotion, family,
friends, and life -- he also managed to have 20 children.

mentioned Bach's music, which is as precise as anything in mathematics,
but it is also integrated with emotion.  It shows how diagrammatic
reasoning can encompass both,

>  I've no way of knowing
how Siegel actually uses mathematics in his theory. Still it does seem
clear enough that such ideas as self-organization and
emergence.

I don't know Siegel's work well enough to say
anything.  But that PBS program does a good job of covering the many sides
of Bach's life and work:
https://www.thirteen.org/programs/great-performances/now-hear-this-the-riddle-of-bach-0gvsgj/