No, if you substitute k = n + 1.

Oops, I have done much hullaballoo about few: The formula is just the Gaussian sum-formula for triangle arrangement for k, with
Tr. = k * (k + 1)/2
if you substitute n = k + 1.

Robert, Jon, Alan, List,

Here I have made a visually enhanced derivation of the formula. The LibreCAD-program with Linux works very well and is for free. I have not yet learned how to put the pdf-pages together, so it is 5 attachments.

Best,

Helmut

 08. Mai 2020 um 18:53 Uhr
 "robert marty" <robert.mart...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Jon Alan , List

Here is a proof by induction of the formula  (N+1)(N+2)/2 ....

Best regards,
Robert