Dear Edwina, list,

What is the significance of ‘pre-‘ in ‘predestinate opinion’?

I’ve noticed not only you but others also, make this subtle move,

as if there is no significance- that it can be explained away as a habitual
hiccup.

I mean, is it like the difference between presupposition and supposition,

preamble and amble or precognition and cognition?

Best,
Jerry R