}Jerry - good point. I suppose the 'pre' somehow moves the situation
out of an 'actuallity' and into some kind of amorphous pre-actuality.

        To say 'destinate' implies, possibly, an actual agent making the
decision to 'move ahead'; while 'predestinate' implies an immaterial
agency making such a decision....

        Edwina
 On Tue 19/05/20  2:40 PM , Jerry Rhee jerryr...@gmail.com sent:
        Dear Edwina, list,
        What is the significance of ‘pre-‘ in ‘predestinate
opinion’?

        I’ve noticed not only you but others also, make this subtle move,

        as if there is no significance- that it can be explained away as a
habitual hiccup.
        I mean, is it like the difference between presupposition and
supposition,

        preamble and amble or precognition and cognition?
        Best,
 Jerry R