Jon, List:

> On Jul 13, 2020, at 8:09 PM, Jon Alan Schmidt <jonalanschm...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> While refraining from posting over the last couple of weeks, I have been
> reflecting on my overall approach to Peirce's writings.  Some participants
> seem to contend that the only valid interpretations of them are those that
> follow deductively from his verbatim statements.  By contrast, I generally
> formulate interpretative hypotheses and then assess whether and how well they
> hold up in light of Peirce's actual words.  After all, consider the following
> passage from a discarded draft of his seventh 1903 Harvard Lecture,
> "Pragmatism as the Logic of Abduction."

Your writings of CSP writings over the past several years are a remarkable
contribution to understanding the meanings of the scripts.
Keep up the excellent work.  It could be improved by engaging in the broader
concepts needed to bring the propositional logics of chemistry and grammars of
various scientific languages such that emergence is a natural consequence.

 Recent comments about your work are appalling. From my perspective, CSP’s
logic is radically different from the hubris of the mathematical community. The
system of signs, indices and symbols created by chemists to interpret interpret
the logics of material form and material changes challenge the mathematics
community’s notions of relations and logic operations. The simple notion that
hydrogen and oxygen compose to form water or that the sugars (carbohydrates)
are composed of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen amply demonstrates incompleteness
of tradition logics of mathematics!

Cheers

Jerry

.