Edwinia:

> On Nov 23, 2020, at 7:10 PM, Edwina Taborsky <tabor...@primus.ca> wrote:
>
> My understanding of Peirce is that there is nothing outside of semiosis!

This is not my understanding of CSP realism.

I recall a text that, roughly speaking,  asserts that signs are “emanations” of
“sin-signs” as objects. Objects that are the same as legisigns and are the
necessary sources the qualisigns (observations / measurements).   This does not
deny the possibilities that all interpretants are semiotic relatives.

Some line of reasoning along these lines is necessary if any sense at all is to
be made of the scientific foundations of pragmaticism.

Cheers

Jerry