Supplement: The attachment has arrived, with Johns post, sorry.
I am afraid, that in my example a weak negation is blended in, so the example doesn´t count. You cannot say "NOT possibly female", but have to say instead "possibly not female". The adverb, I think, indicates the weak negation, which does not include a NOT-operator, I think. The weak negation is the only way to negate a weak affirmation like "possibly is female". The strong affirmation (resp. its negation) "is a possible female" is absurd, it would mean, that the dodo has the choice of its gender, or its gender changes from time to time (resp. NOT).
Is that what intuitionism is about? Negating a weak affirmation, not noticing, that this negation is weak too, and applying nevertheless the NOT-operator?
Or can somebody give a better example?

Jon, List,

The attachment has not arrived. I have tried the reversion including possibility with an example:

Let a dodo be a animal close to extinction, of which we only know about its extinction status, that maybe all still living dodos are male, maybe females still exist too. We have a blurred photograph (sex not visible) of a dodo:

"If this is a dodo, THEN it is possibly female."-- is still correct, because it merely is a possibility, that the last ones are all male.

Reversion:

"If it is NOT possibly female, THEN this is NOT a dodo"-- is false.

BUT: If we do not subsume "not-knowing" under "possibility", as in fact it is something quite different from the possibility of something being one case of existing cases, then the reversion works:

"If this is a dodo, THEN we donot know, if it possibly is female"-- is correct

Reversion:

"If it is NOT so, that we donot know, if it possibly is female, THEN this is NOT a dodo"-- is correct, though in this case not helpful.

Has anybody got other examples?

Best, Helmut

26. Dezember 2020 um 02:44 Uhr
 "Jon Alan Schmidt" <jonalanschm...@gmail.com>
wrote:
John, Helmut, List:

I agree with John's additional remarks about intuitionistic logic. Addressing Helmut's worry, it does not "blur" the concept of truth; on the contrary, there is a sense in which it establishes a higher standard than classical logic because it requires constructive proofs by denying that non-falsity always entails truth.

JFS: For an explanation and demonstration of that point, see the attached file NatDeduction.pdf--it's just one page from an article I'm writing.

The attachment mentions "automated reasoning," which brings to my mind this passage by Peirce, portions of which I have quoted before

CSP: I soon discovered, upon a critical analysis, that it was absolutely necessary to insist upon and bring to the front, the truth that a mere possibility may be quite real. That admitted, it can no longer be granted that every conditional proposition whose antecedent does not happen to be realized is true ...
[T]he verso of the sheet of Existential Graphs represents a universe of possibilities. This, taken in connection with other premisses, led me back to the same conclusion to which my studies of Pragmatism had already brought me, the reality of some possibilities. This is a striking proof of the superiority of the System of Existential Graphs to either of my algebras of logic. For in both of them the incongruity of this strange rule is completely hidden behind the superfluous machinery which is introduced in order to give an appearance of symmetry to logical law, and in order to facilitate the working of these algebras considered as reasoning machines. I cannot let this remark pass without protesting, however, that in the construction of no algebra was the idea of making a calculus which would turn out conclusions by a regular routine other than a very secondary purpose. (CP 4.580-581, 1906)

The "machinery" necessary for "making a calculus" that facilitates the operation of "reasoning machines" is "superfluous" and obscures the fact that the alleged "symmetry" (i.e., reversibility) of "logical law" is merely "an appearance." This is the case not only for Peirce's two logical algebras as he confesses here, but also for existential graphs when shading/unshading is defined as (symmetrical) negation and treated as if it were a logical primitive.

Again, I readily acknowledge that the resulting system is simpler and more iconic for that specific purpose, but at the cost of being less analytical than the alternative of recognizing the unsymmetrical relation of consequence as a logical primitive and deriving negation from it. If we could simply agree on that much, I would be glad to stop belaboring the point.

Merry Christmas,

Jon Alan Schmidt - Olathe, Kansas, USA
Structural Engineer, Synechist Philosopher, Lutheran Christian