Edwina, List:

I cannot speak for Gary F., but my understanding of tribalism as a
sociological phenomenon is that Person X affirms what Person Y says, not so
much because X agrees with the content of what Y says, but simply because X
considers Y to be a member of the same tribe. Likewise, Person X denies
what Person Z says, not so much because X disagrees with the content of
what Z says, but simply because X considers Z to be a member of a different
tribe. In other words, responses are not based primarily on the substance
of a given post, but on the identity of the person who wrote it.

Structural Engineer, Synechist Philosopher, Lutheran Christian