Cf: Relations & Their Relatives • Discussion 18
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2021/08/17/relations-their-relatives-discussion-18/

Re: Relations & Their Relatives • Review 1
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2021/08/15/relations-their-relatives-review-1/
Re: Category Theory
https://categorytheory.zulipchat.com/#narrow/stream/233104-theory.3A-logic/topic/relation.20theory
::: Morgan Rogers
https://categorytheory.zulipchat.com/#narrow/stream/233104-theory.3A-logic/topic/relation.20theory/near/249601853

<QUOTE MR:>
So a “sign process” would be a subset L ⊆ O × S × I × T, where T is a time
domain?
</QUOTE>

There are a couple of ways we usually see the concept
of a sign relation L ⊆ O × S × I being applied.

• There is the “translation scenario” where S and I are
  two different languages and a large part of L consists
  of triples (o, s, i) where s and i are co-referent or
  otherwise equivalent signs.

• There is the “transition scenario” where S = I and we have triples of
  the form (o, s, s′) where s′ is the next state of s in a sign process.
  As it happens, a concept of process is more basic than a concept of time,
  since the latter involves reference to a standard process commonly known
  as a “clock”.

Regards,

Jon