List,

I was just able to find an original copy of the book scanned into Google Books,
and it is indeed free of the typographical errors found in recent editions such
as my Watchmaker Publishing copy and in the version on Project Gutenberg.
Several years ago it was not available on Google Books, which is why I had not
been able to pursue this method at that time. So I now have the original text
and can move on without those new errors.

It would still be helpful if anyone has advice or suggestions in regard to
reading Boole’s work, particularly with an eye to Peirce’s work, but not
necessarily. I have noted that the algebra in the book seems somewhat different
from present day algebra, so perhaps some suggested reading on 18th or early
19th century algebra might prove helpful.

Sincerely,
Franklin Ransom

Sent from my iPhone