Gary F,

I too won't say much about the matter of primal 3ns, that is ur-continuity,
being at the origins of the cosmos (or not) except to briefly comment on a
snippet of a Peirce quote you gave from Kaina Stoicheia

CSP:  [At the beginning there was "[u]tter indetermination. But a symbol
alone is indeterminate. Therefore, Nothing, the indeterminate of the
absolute beginning, is a symbol. That is the way in which the beginning of
things can alone be understood. EP2:322]

GF: "It is not obvious how this can be reconciled with a cosmology arising
from an ur-continuity or a primal Thirdness."

GR: For now I'll say that I don't see a contradiction here. Peirce says in
KS that the indeterminate nothing -- not a 'nothing' of subtraction or
negation as he puts it in other writings, or, as he puts it here, not '
*determinately* nothing',  -- but rather a 'symbol', for "a symbol alone is
indeterminate."

Now a symbol is a 3ns, in this case admittedly and necessarily a most
unique one (as it occurs before there is even Time, which will become the
continuity *par excellence* once there is a cosmos). It is, one might say,
an ur-symbol; and, so, ur-3ns, ur-continuity.

Well, again, I'll be most interested in what you, Jon, and others think
before I comment further.

Best,

Gary R