Dear Friends,

one of the downsides of the fact that so many of you are natively speaking
in the lingua franca of our English Age of Western philosophy is that it is
very impractical for you to take a deep breath and appreciate important
authors who have not written in English or who have not been yet converted
into English.

I do not believe that I have ever heard an Anglophone philosopher of
language mention Leonardo Coimbra or Miguel Baptista Pereira, just to name
the leading figures of the first and second halves of the twentieth century
in Portugal (respectively). It is probably not only hard for you to read
them (these and others) but even to be aware that they do indeed exist.

A text by MBP is here for your appreciation:
https://www.uc.pt/site/assets/files/1118265/pereira_-_2003_-_altlinglob.pdf

With the technological means of today, some effort and a bit of time is all
it will cost; so there is really little to no excuse not to learn a bit
more about us unless you are actually boycotting the Portuguese
philosophical scene.

All the best,

Robert

Daniel L Everett <danleveret...@gmail.com> escreveu no dia sexta,