Ben, Phyllis,

Thank you both for your answers. I appreciate your insights.

Ben, I will check out the Gilman article you mentioned. I didn't know about
it, but it sounds like it could be helpful. I believe that Peirce's answer
to the paradox lies in his notion of theorematic deduction. However, I'm
also having trouble understanding what he means by that. I'm hoping that
the Gilman article will shed some light on this.

Furthermore, I think it would be helpful to put his answer in perspective,
taking into account the history of the problem and the subsequent
development of logic.

Best regards,

Matias