Joe, list,

You did exactly the right thing for exactly the right reasons. Thank you.

Best, Ben Udell

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Ransdell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Peirce Discussion Forum" <peirce-l@lyris.ttu.edu>
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 9:23 AM
Subject: [peirce-l] questionable member deleted

I deleted the membership of the person whose identity I found questionable when
I noted that the message quoted seemed to have no original content but to be
only a quotation in unreadable format of material posted by others and also
included an image which seemed to have no rationale other than politicization
of the forum. My mail program blocked the downloading of  the image but I
inadvertently triggered it. It is apparently the image of Mohammed currently
generating the Islamic protests. What bothers me about this that motivates my
deletion of the poster's membership is the possibility that the person posting
it is actually a malicious hacker using the downloading of the image as the
means for surreptitious access to our computers via a "Trojan" worm.  Also, of
course, it expresses a profound disrespect for the members of the list
generally to post this without any attempt at an explanation of why it is
pertinent to post it here.)

Joseph Ransdell             list manager of PEIRCE-L