Frances says:

This message may be an aside, but the principle of evolutionary love
as it is understood by me might be well applied to the act of science.
It states that objects and here thinkers should give of themselves and
thus their ideas freely, for its own intrinsic sake, with no ulterior
motive, and expect nothing in return for the effort. This ideal
implies to me that it is the message that is important, and not the
messenger. It also neatly disposes of personal ego and material
profit. This principle of course was posited by Peirce well before the
promising internet and its open websites existed, if indeed this fact
makes any difference. The need for identifying the messenger is in my
opinion overstated and overrated. It too often smacks of celebrity
elitism, and lionizes the messenger to the detriment of the message.

REPLY:

There are logical reasons, though, for being able to identify the author of
the message, Frances.   I think you are overlooking the import of Peirce's
view of  the nature of assertion, which essentially involves the idea that
making the assertion is a taking of
personal responsibility for the intended effect on others of the act of
telling others what one believes or holds to.  Without personal
identification personal responsibility would be impossible.

Joe Ransdell