Thomas, Ben, List

I've been working through CP III and CP IV to get some order in the way Peirce develops transitivity in relation to continuity, all for the purposes of getting my own thesis on the go.  Things are a bit financially straitened for me, making it rather hard to maintain concentration on CSP in between dealing with letters of demand, getting the electricity switched back on, and so forth.  However, the suggestion that transitivity is the basis for Otherness (if xRy and yRx, then xRz) does make some sense, although my own concern is not so much transitivity in general but the transitivity of sequences (especially generational sequence) in the logical construal of the subject-matter of social inquiry.  I'll be following this thread with great interest.

Cheers

Arnold