"Tech Support" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Hi Tech Support :-)

> I just tried the script
>
> $data = new PelDataWindow(file_get_contents($filename));
>
> [...]
>
> $text = $entry->getText();
>
> This is good, but how can I get an array that includes tag => text
>
> What I need is every tag with corresponding text value for the
> $filename to be returned.
>
> Is it possible? How?

Yes, it's possible, but you'll have to do it yourself.  PEL gives you
the tools you need to extract (and change) Exif data.  Putting the
tools together are mostly left as an exercise for the reader, as they
say :-)

Sorry, enough nonsense --- your script is below.  Adjust the first
line if you use it from the command line.  You'll see that it's just a
matter of recursing through the structure of the Exif data.

Beware that not all tags are unique and that tags might appear twice
(and thus the second occurance will overwrite the first).

The GPS tags overlap with some other tags, which is why you'll find
them commented out in PelTag.php in PEL 0.8.  In the CVS version I've
changed some things so that entries are identified with both the type
of IFD and the tag, but the code below is for PEL 0.8.

Martin Geisler                                     GnuPG Key: 0x7E45DD38

PHP Exif Library      |  PHP Weather             |  PHP Shell
http://pel.sf.net/    |  http://phpweather.net/  |  http://mgeisler.net/
Read/write Exif data  |  Show current weather    |  A shell in a browser