Quoting Tech Support <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Thank you. Yes, we are using pel, actually we just started writing php code
to extract EXIF from jpeg images and record then in mysql using PEL.

That sounds cool, thanks for letting me know!

There ought to be a clause in the license that required such feedback since it's
very encouraging for me as a developer to receive it :-)

You will soon see working example on our site www.sharedlog.com

This site is still in development, so only few people know about it.

Now some more will know about it :-)

I hope to have support for GPS tags, I am planning to buy a GPS enable
camera soon and use it all over, anywhere I go.

I would love to have such a camera too, but I have never seen one -- all I found
was some old models where you could connect an external GPS receiver... that's
also why GPS support wasn't done until now (in CVS).

For people without GPS cameras, there will be a way to manually submit GPS
coordinates or to click on the map, probably using Google MAP API or Yahoo
MAPS.

I look forward to seeing your site get going -- there's already quite a lot of
member signed up I see, very cool! Good luck.

I'll see about making a link to it together with the Norwegian site when I get
update the PEL homepage.  I'm tinkering with using reStructuredText for
generating all the (X)HTML pages, I think that would give us a nice
almost-plaintext format to edit, and some nice pages too with the right
stylesheet.

  http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html

Does any of you have any experience with it, or any other suggestions?  (I've
also noted that there's an error on the page after SF decided to make the
filesystem read-only... they want us to cache such stuff in their MySQL
database, but I haven't looked into it...)