What Doug calls vaporware, Marx alluded to with his term, fictitious
capital.  I have long been convinced that fictitious capital is an
important force driving the economy.

But then I may be wrong.  After all, I have repeated that I expect to see
a recession, but Paul O'Neil said today that the bad times are already
over.  It may be that the rational expectations of the tax cut have
succeeded in eliminating the downturn.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department